81 booths in Birbhum under Maoist threat
Suri (WB): A total of 81 booths in Birbhum
district where polling would be held for the forthcoming
assembly election had been identified as booths under
Addressing a press-meet district magistrate Saumitra
Mohan Birbhum said, "Most of such booths are in Khayrasole,
Rajnagar and Dubrajpur."
These areas have seen Maoist insurgency activities
including murder, explosion and arrest of the important
leaders of this state and Jharkhand.
Stringent security measures including live telecast
of voting-process would be arranged on poll day, Mohan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read