A little pain, but Mamata`s body parameters normal: Doctors
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, who is undergoing treatment at a private nursing home in the city, is in some pain, though other body parameters were normal, a doctor attending on her said on Saturday.
Banerjee was taken to the Belle Vue Clinic shortly after she landed in the city from Delhi on Wednesday, with complaints of breathing problems, palpitation and body pain.
The doctor, part of the medical team formed for Banerjee`s treatment, said: "She is normal... pulse is normal, though slight pain persists".
He said Banerjee wanted to return home on Saturday, but doctors asked her to stay back in the clinic, telling her they would only let her go if she agreed to 10 days` bed rest at home.
Earlier tests had showed fluid deposition in Banerjee`s knee.
Banerjee and her Finance Minister Amit Mitra were on Tuesday heckled by activists of the Students Federation of India, the students` wing of the Communist Party of India-Marxist, when she went to the Planning Commission office in New Delhi for a meeting.
In Delhi on Wednesday, Banerjee said she had been on oxygen throughout Tuesday night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog