A little pain, but Mamata`s body parameters normal: Doctors
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, who is undergoing treatment at a private nursing home in the city, is in some pain, though other body parameters were normal, a doctor attending on her said on Saturday.
Banerjee was taken to the Belle Vue Clinic shortly after she landed in the city from Delhi on Wednesday, with complaints of breathing problems, palpitation and body pain.
The doctor, part of the medical team formed for Banerjee`s treatment, said: "She is normal... pulse is normal, though slight pain persists".
He said Banerjee wanted to return home on Saturday, but doctors asked her to stay back in the clinic, telling her they would only let her go if she agreed to 10 days` bed rest at home.
Earlier tests had showed fluid deposition in Banerjee`s knee.
Banerjee and her Finance Minister Amit Mitra were on Tuesday heckled by activists of the Students Federation of India, the students` wing of the Communist Party of India-Marxist, when she went to the Planning Commission office in New Delhi for a meeting.
In Delhi on Wednesday, Banerjee said she had been on oxygen throughout Tuesday night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites