AAP West Bengal unit joins BJP, senior Congress leader to join
Kolkata: Following the spectacular rise of the BJP in the state, the entire West Bengal unit of AAP today merged with it, while a senior Congress leader was likely to do so in the coming days.
"The entire state unit of the Aam Admi Party decided to merge with the BJP as they want to join the fight against Trinamool Congress," state BJP president Rahul Sinha said.
AAP leader Amit Kumar said BJP was the only platform in the state to fight for the people`s cause. "Senior Congress leader Pradip Ghosh has also decided to BJP within the next few days," Sinha said.
Ghosh confirmed that he was joining the BJP within the next few days. Ghosh, a former president of Central Congress Committee, was upset over state Congress president Adhir Chowdhury deciding to disband all party committees after its debacle in the Lok Sabha polls.
Ghosh`s move would be a jolt to the state Congress which was faced with an exodus of party workers to the Trinamool.
"Various leaders from other parties including Left parties are in touch with us. Lets see what happens in days to come," said Sinha.
Sinha also criticised the state government over its inaction in reopening the Hindustan Motor car plant. "Several members of ruling party and the management are involved in in the closure," he said.
He alleged that huge tracts of land owned by the company were sold in connivance with a section of ruling party leaders.
"We condemn this. We want the state government to begin tripartite talks so that this unit is opened as early as possible," Sinha added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30