Abandoned suitcase creates bomb scare at Kolkata airport
Kolkata: A suitcase found abandoned near the exit gate of the domestic terminal of the NSCB Airport here today created a bomb scare, Airport sources said.
Passengers informed the security personnel about the red colour suitcase lying abandoned near the exit gate at around 1.45 pm.
CISF personnel and personnel of the Airport police station immediately rushed to the spot and cordoned off the area and told the passengers to use the other exit gate, the sources said.
The bomb squad personnel reached the site and scanned the suitcase and then opened it and found that it was empty, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy