Abandoned suitcase creates bomb scare at Kolkata airport
Kolkata: A suitcase found abandoned near the exit gate of the domestic terminal of the NSCB Airport here today created a bomb scare, Airport sources said.
Passengers informed the security personnel about the red colour suitcase lying abandoned near the exit gate at around 1.45 pm.
CISF personnel and personnel of the Airport police station immediately rushed to the spot and cordoned off the area and told the passengers to use the other exit gate, the sources said.
The bomb squad personnel reached the site and scanned the suitcase and then opened it and found that it was empty, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back