Abducted DYFI`s leader`s body found with throat slit
Midnapore (WB): A leader of the ruling
CPI-M`s youth wing, who was abducted by suspected Maoists from
Naxal-affected Lalgarh, was found murdered today on a bridge
there, police sources said.
The DYFI leader, Rabi Mahato, had gone to Saluka village
in Lalgarh police station area yesterday to hand over a
football trophy, the sources said adding, he was taken away by
suspected Maoists when he was returning home.
His body, with hands and feet bound and throat slit, was
found on Tentultala bridge this morning, the sources said.
Meanwhile, a CPI(M) local committee secretary of Pirakata
suspected to be running armed camps was arrested yesterday
from nearby Salboni. He was also charged with abducting a
Trinamool Congress worker.
Madhusudan Mahato was arrested on a complaint by the
family of Jagyeshwar Mahato, a TC supporter who was reported
missing a week ago, the sources said.
He was called to the Salboni police station and arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi