Abducted DYFI`s leader`s body found with throat slit
Midnapore (WB): A leader of the ruling
CPI-M`s youth wing, who was abducted by suspected Maoists from
Naxal-affected Lalgarh, was found murdered today on a bridge
there, police sources said.
The DYFI leader, Rabi Mahato, had gone to Saluka village
in Lalgarh police station area yesterday to hand over a
football trophy, the sources said adding, he was taken away by
suspected Maoists when he was returning home.
His body, with hands and feet bound and throat slit, was
found on Tentultala bridge this morning, the sources said.
Meanwhile, a CPI(M) local committee secretary of Pirakata
suspected to be running armed camps was arrested yesterday
from nearby Salboni. He was also charged with abducting a
Trinamool Congress worker.
Madhusudan Mahato was arrested on a complaint by the
family of Jagyeshwar Mahato, a TC supporter who was reported
missing a week ago, the sources said.
He was called to the Salboni police station and arrested.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video