Abhijit Mukherjee files nomination for Jangipur se
Baharampore (WB): Three candidates, including Congress nominee Abhijit Mukherjee, on Friday filed their nomination papers for bypoll to Jangipur Lok Sabha seat in Murshidabad district.
Besides Mukherjee, CPI(M) candidate Muzaffar Hussain and BJP nominee Sudhanshu Biswas also filed their papers for the bypoll, official sources said.
Mukherjee, the son of President Pranab Mukherjee, accompanied by Adhir Chowdhury, Murshidabad District Congress Committee president, and Mausam Noor, West Bengal Youth Congress chief, filed his papers with the Returning Officer, party sources said.
The last date for filing nomination is September 22, while the last date for withdrawal is September 26. The election would take place on October 10, official sources said.
Bypoll for the Jangipur Lok Sabha seat was necessitated after Pranab Mukherjee resigned his seat following his election as President of India.
Pranab Mukherjee had first won from the Jangipur Lok Sabha seat in 2004 and he was again re-elected in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!