Abhijit Mukherjee files nomination for Jangipur se
Baharampore (WB): Three candidates, including Congress nominee Abhijit Mukherjee, on Friday filed their nomination papers for bypoll to Jangipur Lok Sabha seat in Murshidabad district.
Besides Mukherjee, CPI(M) candidate Muzaffar Hussain and BJP nominee Sudhanshu Biswas also filed their papers for the bypoll, official sources said.
Mukherjee, the son of President Pranab Mukherjee, accompanied by Adhir Chowdhury, Murshidabad District Congress Committee president, and Mausam Noor, West Bengal Youth Congress chief, filed his papers with the Returning Officer, party sources said.
The last date for filing nomination is September 22, while the last date for withdrawal is September 26. The election would take place on October 10, official sources said.
Bypoll for the Jangipur Lok Sabha seat was necessitated after Pranab Mukherjee resigned his seat following his election as President of India.
Pranab Mukherjee had first won from the Jangipur Lok Sabha seat in 2004 and he was again re-elected in 2009.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know