Accommodation for West Bengal tourists at Puri
Kolkata: The West Bengal government has taken possession of one acre at Puri for construction of accommodation for tourists from the state visiting the Odisha pilgrim town.
"A large number of people from West Bengal visit Puri. Yesterday we have taken one acre to do something for the common people," Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said today while inaugurating the chariot of Lord Jagannath at a programme organised by ISKCON at Park Circus here.
The Chief Minister wished everyone on the occasion and prayed to Lord Jagannath for the wellbeing of all.
The Lord Jagannath`s rath began its journey after hundreds of people including Banerjee and ISKCON devotees pulled the ropes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves