Accommodation for West Bengal tourists at Puri
Kolkata: The West Bengal government has taken possession of one acre at Puri for construction of accommodation for tourists from the state visiting the Odisha pilgrim town.
"A large number of people from West Bengal visit Puri. Yesterday we have taken one acre to do something for the common people," Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said today while inaugurating the chariot of Lord Jagannath at a programme organised by ISKCON at Park Circus here.
The Chief Minister wished everyone on the occasion and prayed to Lord Jagannath for the wellbeing of all.
The Lord Jagannath`s rath began its journey after hundreds of people including Banerjee and ISKCON devotees pulled the ropes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test