ACP, OC transferred in Aminul case
Kolkata: In the backdrop of series of protests over the self-immolation case of Mir Aminul Islam, an assistant commissioner of police and the officer-in-charge of Karaya police station were transferred Monday, though the police top brass described this as routine.
Mir Aminul Islam had set himself on fire in front of Karaya police station here on December 3 after being allegedly harassed by officials of that police station, after he took a rape victim there to file a complaint. He died on January one.
Karaya police station OC Prasenjit Bhattacharya and Assistant Commissioner (South Eastern division) Debasish Baidya, under whom Karaya police station falls, were both transferred to the Special Branch, Jawed Shamim, Joint Commissioner of Police (Headquarters) said.
Shamim, however, termed this transfer as routine.
"Several police officials has been transferred from one police station to another. Several ACs has also been transferred from one division to another. It is just a routine transfer. Such transfers keep on happening from time to time," he said.
"Several police officials has been transferred from one police station to other. Several ACs has also been transferred from one division to other. It is just a routine transfer nothing new about it. Such transfers keep on happening from time to time," said Jawed Shamim, Joint Commissioner (Hqrs).
Earlier, the city police had suspended three policemen of Karaya police station for allegedly harassing Aminul.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi