Activist, who self-immolated against minor`s rape, dies
Kolkata: Social activist Mir Aminul Islam, who had set himself ablaze outside a police station in Kolkata on December 03, passed away on January 01.
The 36-year-old social activist attempted suicide to push arrest of Sehazada Bux, who is accused of raping a minor girl.
"The police and Sehazada are the real criminals. I want justice," CNN-IBN quoted Aminul`s mother Shahnaz Izhar as saying.
The rape survivor has alleged: "Sehazada used to call me at his home whenever his wife was absent and do nasty things. He even threatened me and my family of dire consequences if I revealed his acts to anyone”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details