Adhir Choudhury inaugurates new rail station in Purulia
Purulia (WB): Railway minister of state today inaugurated a new station at Jaychandi hills connecting Adra and Asansol under the jurisdiction of the South-Eastern Railway.
Adhir Choudhury inaugurated the new building, modelled on the Royal Palace of Coochbehar. He said several railway projects were moving at a snail`s pace due to financial crunch.
"The Indian Railways is divided in 10 zones. And there need be equal progress and development across all zones," he said apparently expressing his disapproval for any skewed development.
The new building under the Adra division, has been built at a cost of Rs 2.05 crore.
Talking about the rail fare hike, Choudhury said, while the railways will earn Rs 6600 crore annually following the hike, it will be poorer by Rs 3000 crore with the rise in diesel price.
CPI(M) MP Basudeb Acharya was also present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6.3-magnitude earthquake hits off Papua New Guinea: USGS
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015