Adhir Choudhury inaugurates new rail station in Purulia
Purulia (WB): Railway minister of state today inaugurated a new station at Jaychandi hills connecting Adra and Asansol under the jurisdiction of the South-Eastern Railway.
Adhir Choudhury inaugurated the new building, modelled on the Royal Palace of Coochbehar. He said several railway projects were moving at a snail`s pace due to financial crunch.
"The Indian Railways is divided in 10 zones. And there need be equal progress and development across all zones," he said apparently expressing his disapproval for any skewed development.
The new building under the Adra division, has been built at a cost of Rs 2.05 crore.
Talking about the rail fare hike, Choudhury said, while the railways will earn Rs 6600 crore annually following the hike, it will be poorer by Rs 3000 crore with the rise in diesel price.
CPI(M) MP Basudeb Acharya was also present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India