Adhir Choudhury inaugurates new rail station in Purulia
Purulia (WB): Railway minister of state today inaugurated a new station at Jaychandi hills connecting Adra and Asansol under the jurisdiction of the South-Eastern Railway.
Adhir Choudhury inaugurated the new building, modelled on the Royal Palace of Coochbehar. He said several railway projects were moving at a snail`s pace due to financial crunch.
"The Indian Railways is divided in 10 zones. And there need be equal progress and development across all zones," he said apparently expressing his disapproval for any skewed development.
The new building under the Adra division, has been built at a cost of Rs 2.05 crore.
Talking about the rail fare hike, Choudhury said, while the railways will earn Rs 6600 crore annually following the hike, it will be poorer by Rs 3000 crore with the rise in diesel price.
CPI(M) MP Basudeb Acharya was also present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people