Adhir Choudhury inaugurates new rail station in Purulia
Purulia (WB): Railway minister of state today inaugurated a new station at Jaychandi hills connecting Adra and Asansol under the jurisdiction of the South-Eastern Railway.
Adhir Choudhury inaugurated the new building, modelled on the Royal Palace of Coochbehar. He said several railway projects were moving at a snail`s pace due to financial crunch.
"The Indian Railways is divided in 10 zones. And there need be equal progress and development across all zones," he said apparently expressing his disapproval for any skewed development.
The new building under the Adra division, has been built at a cost of Rs 2.05 crore.
Talking about the rail fare hike, Choudhury said, while the railways will earn Rs 6600 crore annually following the hike, it will be poorer by Rs 3000 crore with the rise in diesel price.
CPI(M) MP Basudeb Acharya was also present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- `IS child bomber` behind Turkey wedding blast, claims President
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon