Adhir Chowdhury disapproves of Abhijit Mukherjee`s statement on Tapas Pal
Kolkata: Bengal Congress president Adhir Chowdhury on Friday disapproved of Congress MP Abhijit Mukherjee`s comment that since TMC MP Tapas Pal had apologised for his controversial speech, the matter should end there, and said he had asked for a clarification.
"I don`t support his comment as the state Congress president. I will ask for his explanation on why he made such a comment. All the MPs and MLAs are part of the party. No one is larger than the party," Chowdhury said.
Congress MP Abhijit Mukherjee, son of President Pranab Mukherjee, told reporters here yesterday when asked about Pal`s remarks, "Since Tapas Pal has apologised and his party forgave him, the matter should end there. Tapas Pal is like a friend. I became his fan after seeing the film `Dadar Kirti."
Pal has made an unconditional apology for allegedly threatening to kill CPI-M workers and having their women raped, after he was asked by an embarrassed party leadership to do so.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves