Adhir Chowdhury gets bail in murder case of TMC worker
Behrampore: A local court here granted bail to Union Minister of State for Railways Adhir Ranjan Chowdury in the murder case of a Trinamool Congress worker.
The Union minister was on an extended interim bail till November 28 granted by Murshidabad-Berhampore additional district judge Prasenjit Biswas.
A non-bailable arrest warrant was issued against Chowdhury by the additional chief judicial magistrate`s court on September 27 in connection with the murder of Kamal Sheikh at Golbazar in Murshidabad district in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand