Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury seeks bail in DM bungalow attack case
Berhampore: Accused in a 2012 case of attacking the District Magistrate`s bungalow in Murshidabad, Minister of State for Railways Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury has applied for an anticipatory bail.
The appeal was made yesterday at a local court here through his lawyers who said the case would be up for hearing on Friday.
Chowdhury and 14 other Congress workers were accused in February 2012 of attacking DM`s bungalow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok