Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury seeks bail in DM bungalow attack case
Berhampore: Accused in a 2012 case of attacking the District Magistrate`s bungalow in Murshidabad, Minister of State for Railways Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury has applied for an anticipatory bail.
The appeal was made yesterday at a local court here through his lawyers who said the case would be up for hearing on Friday.
Chowdhury and 14 other Congress workers were accused in February 2012 of attacking DM`s bungalow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal