Adhir reviews Bengal rail projects
New Delhi: Minister of State for Railways Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury Monday reviewed all rail projects in West Bengal announced during the last three years in the state during the tenure of Trinamool Congress representatives at the helm of the ministry.
There were about Rs 60,000 crore worth projects announced during the UPA-II rule by Trinamool Ministers Mamata Banerjee, Dinesh Trivedi and Mukul Roy in the last three years.
"Since only one and half year is left for the next Lok Sabha elections, Adhir is keen to prioritise the projects so that some concrete results could be delivered before the polls," a close aide of the Minister said.
Adhir`s meeting with officials of Eastern and South Eastern railways lasted more than two hours as the Minister was briefed about the status of each rail project in Bengal.
"No Bengal project would be derailed as these are UPA projects. But given the railways financial constraint, we would like to prioritise the projects so that some tangible results could be shown," Adhir, a known critic of Mamata, had said earlier.
With Trinamool`s exit from UPA, Congress is in total command of railways with all three Railway Ministers belonging to the party.
Besides the crucial East West Metro project, there were big-ticket projects including an EMU coach factory at Kanchrapara, a wagon manufacturing factory at Kulti and an electric loco assembly and ancillary unit at Dankuni announced for the state by Trinamool Congress.
There are also many ongoing projects involving new lines, gauge conversion and doubling works in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'