Adhir`s interim bail extended till November 28
Berhampore (WB): A local court on Saturday extended the interim bail of Union Minister of State for Railways Adhir Ranjan Chowdury till November 28.
Murshidabad-Berhampore additional district judge Prasenjit Biswas fixed the next date of hearing of the case in connection with the non-bailable arrest warrant issued against the Minister for alleged conspiracy in the murder of Trinamool Congress worker, to November 28.
A non-bailable arrest warrant was issued against Chowdhury by the additional chief judicial magistrate`s court on September 27 in connection with the murder of Kamal Sheikh in Golbazar area of Murshidabad district in 2011.
Appearing in the court today, Chowdhury said, "The court had instructed me to be personally present, so I had come. I am only following orders."
The West Bengal government has already filed a petition in the Calcutta High Court on November 12 last challenging a Berhampore court order granting reprieve to Chowdhury in the murder case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL