Admin must prevent campus violence: Pranab
Kolkata: Union Finance Minister Pranab
Mukherjee on Suday expressed concern at the incidents of campus
violence in West Bengal, and said the state administration
must ensure that the law and order situation was kept under
"Students may have differences with teachers or those
at the helm of the educational institutions, but the situation
must not be such that the teachers are manhandled or law and
order deteriorates. The administration ensure this,"
Mukherjee told a television channel in Behrampore.
A series of campus violence incidents in the state has
drawn flak from the Opposition Left Front, which accused Chief
Minister Mamata Banerjee of soft-pedalling the incidents.
Governor M K Narayanan has also expressed displeasure at
the attacks being made on college principals in different
parts of the state, and called for action against the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH