Admin must prevent campus violence: Pranab
Kolkata: Union Finance Minister Pranab
Mukherjee on Suday expressed concern at the incidents of campus
violence in West Bengal, and said the state administration
must ensure that the law and order situation was kept under
"Students may have differences with teachers or those
at the helm of the educational institutions, but the situation
must not be such that the teachers are manhandled or law and
order deteriorates. The administration ensure this,"
Mukherjee told a television channel in Behrampore.
A series of campus violence incidents in the state has
drawn flak from the Opposition Left Front, which accused Chief
Minister Mamata Banerjee of soft-pedalling the incidents.
Governor M K Narayanan has also expressed displeasure at
the attacks being made on college principals in different
parts of the state, and called for action against the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez