Admin must prevent campus violence: Pranab
Kolkata: Union Finance Minister Pranab
Mukherjee on Suday expressed concern at the incidents of campus
violence in West Bengal, and said the state administration
must ensure that the law and order situation was kept under
"Students may have differences with teachers or those
at the helm of the educational institutions, but the situation
must not be such that the teachers are manhandled or law and
order deteriorates. The administration ensure this,"
Mukherjee told a television channel in Behrampore.
A series of campus violence incidents in the state has
drawn flak from the Opposition Left Front, which accused Chief
Minister Mamata Banerjee of soft-pedalling the incidents.
Governor M K Narayanan has also expressed displeasure at
the attacks being made on college principals in different
parts of the state, and called for action against the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'