Admiral Ghormade reviews progress of Naval SSB project
Kolkata: Assistant Chief of Naval Staff Rear Admiral SN Ghormade, who heads the human resources department of Indian Navy, on Tuesday reviewed progress of the construction of the upcoming Naval Services Selection Board at Diamond Harbour.
He was accompanied by Naval Officer-in-Charge (West Bengal) Commodore Ravi Ahluwalia, a defence release here said.
The Naval Services Selection Board (Naval SSB) at Diamond Harbour was sanctioned in 2009. The construction commenced in December 2010, and the project is likely to be completed by 2014.
The Naval SSB will be the only selection centre in the eastern region for officers` induction into the Defence Forces.
Presently, aspirants travel as far as Allahabad and Bangalore for selection as officers in the armed forces. Once completed, this centre will bring this opportunity closer home to the people of this region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says