Admiral Ghormade reviews progress of Naval SSB project
Kolkata: Assistant Chief of Naval Staff Rear Admiral SN Ghormade, who heads the human resources department of Indian Navy, on Tuesday reviewed progress of the construction of the upcoming Naval Services Selection Board at Diamond Harbour.
He was accompanied by Naval Officer-in-Charge (West Bengal) Commodore Ravi Ahluwalia, a defence release here said.
The Naval Services Selection Board (Naval SSB) at Diamond Harbour was sanctioned in 2009. The construction commenced in December 2010, and the project is likely to be completed by 2014.
The Naval SSB will be the only selection centre in the eastern region for officers` induction into the Defence Forces.
Presently, aspirants travel as far as Allahabad and Bangalore for selection as officers in the armed forces. Once completed, this centre will bring this opportunity closer home to the people of this region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda