Admiral Ghormade reviews progress of Naval SSB project
Kolkata: Assistant Chief of Naval Staff Rear Admiral SN Ghormade, who heads the human resources department of Indian Navy, on Tuesday reviewed progress of the construction of the upcoming Naval Services Selection Board at Diamond Harbour.
He was accompanied by Naval Officer-in-Charge (West Bengal) Commodore Ravi Ahluwalia, a defence release here said.
The Naval Services Selection Board (Naval SSB) at Diamond Harbour was sanctioned in 2009. The construction commenced in December 2010, and the project is likely to be completed by 2014.
The Naval SSB will be the only selection centre in the eastern region for officers` induction into the Defence Forces.
Presently, aspirants travel as far as Allahabad and Bangalore for selection as officers in the armed forces. Once completed, this centre will bring this opportunity closer home to the people of this region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why