Admiral Ghormade reviews progress of Naval SSB project
Kolkata: Assistant Chief of Naval Staff Rear Admiral SN Ghormade, who heads the human resources department of Indian Navy, on Tuesday reviewed progress of the construction of the upcoming Naval Services Selection Board at Diamond Harbour.
He was accompanied by Naval Officer-in-Charge (West Bengal) Commodore Ravi Ahluwalia, a defence release here said.
The Naval Services Selection Board (Naval SSB) at Diamond Harbour was sanctioned in 2009. The construction commenced in December 2010, and the project is likely to be completed by 2014.
The Naval SSB will be the only selection centre in the eastern region for officers` induction into the Defence Forces.
Presently, aspirants travel as far as Allahabad and Bangalore for selection as officers in the armed forces. Once completed, this centre will bring this opportunity closer home to the people of this region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali