Admiral Ghormade reviews progress of Naval SSB project
Kolkata: Assistant Chief of Naval Staff Rear Admiral SN Ghormade, who heads the human resources department of Indian Navy, on Tuesday reviewed progress of the construction of the upcoming Naval Services Selection Board at Diamond Harbour.
He was accompanied by Naval Officer-in-Charge (West Bengal) Commodore Ravi Ahluwalia, a defence release here said.
The Naval Services Selection Board (Naval SSB) at Diamond Harbour was sanctioned in 2009. The construction commenced in December 2010, and the project is likely to be completed by 2014.
The Naval SSB will be the only selection centre in the eastern region for officers` induction into the Defence Forces.
Presently, aspirants travel as far as Allahabad and Bangalore for selection as officers in the armed forces. Once completed, this centre will bring this opportunity closer home to the people of this region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'