`Advani`s resignation first sign of protest against Modi`
Kolkata: BJP veteran L K Advani`s resignation from key party posts is the first sign of protest against the elevation of Narendra Modi, WBPCC president Pradip Bhattacharya said today.
"The resignation is a first sign of protest against elevation of communal Modi. The fire of protest will soon spread to others parts of the country," Bhattacharya told a party rally.
"I feel sad for Advani, who along with Vajpayee had worked hard to establish the BJP. Today Advani has been sidelined. He has resigned from all posts of BJP," he added.
A founder member of BJP, 85-year-old Advani today resigned from the Parliamentary Board, National Executive and Election Committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply