`Advani`s resignation first sign of protest against Modi`
Kolkata: BJP veteran L K Advani`s resignation from key party posts is the first sign of protest against the elevation of Narendra Modi, WBPCC president Pradip Bhattacharya said today.
"The resignation is a first sign of protest against elevation of communal Modi. The fire of protest will soon spread to others parts of the country," Bhattacharya told a party rally.
"I feel sad for Advani, who along with Vajpayee had worked hard to establish the BJP. Today Advani has been sidelined. He has resigned from all posts of BJP," he added.
A founder member of BJP, 85-year-old Advani today resigned from the Parliamentary Board, National Executive and Election Committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!