`Advani`s resignation first sign of protest against Modi`
Kolkata: BJP veteran L K Advani`s resignation from key party posts is the first sign of protest against the elevation of Narendra Modi, WBPCC president Pradip Bhattacharya said today.
"The resignation is a first sign of protest against elevation of communal Modi. The fire of protest will soon spread to others parts of the country," Bhattacharya told a party rally.
"I feel sad for Advani, who along with Vajpayee had worked hard to establish the BJP. Today Advani has been sidelined. He has resigned from all posts of BJP," he added.
A founder member of BJP, 85-year-old Advani today resigned from the Parliamentary Board, National Executive and Election Committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you