After Buddhadeb, Deepa Dasmunshi questions Mamata`s honesty
Kolkata: Questioning the honesty debate around Mamata Banerjee, Union minister and Congress leader Deepa Dasmunshi on Monday said that by merely writing "symbol of honesty" at the bottom of a person`s cutout does not make that person honest.
"There have been so many chief ministers in Bengal. But nobody has ever written `Symbol of honesty` below their pictures," Dasmunshi said referring to Banerjee`s several life-size cutouts that have come up in different parts of the city with the epithets.
"So a question arises if she is really a symbol of honesty, and is that why she is writing it? Where is the proof that what is written below the picture is true?" said Deepa Dasmunshi while addressing a programme here.
Dasmunshi`s comments were a reaction to the former West Bengal chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee questioning her successor Mamata Banerjee`s honesty by saying that he did not "agree with the perception that she is honest," prompting the TMC to slap a legal notice on Bhattacharjee.
"We are not going into a debate of honesty or dishonesty. What we are concerned about is the condition of Bengal. There is no clear land policy and industrial policy," said Dasmunshi .
Dasmunshi alleged that the government was only involved in festivals and functions by keeping at bay the more serious issue of development in the state.
Dasmunshi also took a dig at the chief minister and other Trinamool Congress leaders` derogatory comments about opposition politicians.
"What kind of language is they using"? Please don`t rape the Bengali language by using such words. We are not used to such languages. Is there a need to make a new dictionary for the people in the government? We should not respond to such languages because it is against the culture of Congress," asserted Dasmunshi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?