After Buddhadeb, Deepa Dasmunshi questions Mamata`s honesty
Kolkata: Questioning the honesty debate around Mamata Banerjee, Union minister and Congress leader Deepa Dasmunshi on Monday said that by merely writing "symbol of honesty" at the bottom of a person`s cutout does not make that person honest.
"There have been so many chief ministers in Bengal. But nobody has ever written `Symbol of honesty` below their pictures," Dasmunshi said referring to Banerjee`s several life-size cutouts that have come up in different parts of the city with the epithets.
"So a question arises if she is really a symbol of honesty, and is that why she is writing it? Where is the proof that what is written below the picture is true?" said Deepa Dasmunshi while addressing a programme here.
Dasmunshi`s comments were a reaction to the former West Bengal chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee questioning her successor Mamata Banerjee`s honesty by saying that he did not "agree with the perception that she is honest," prompting the TMC to slap a legal notice on Bhattacharjee.
"We are not going into a debate of honesty or dishonesty. What we are concerned about is the condition of Bengal. There is no clear land policy and industrial policy," said Dasmunshi .
Dasmunshi alleged that the government was only involved in festivals and functions by keeping at bay the more serious issue of development in the state.
Dasmunshi also took a dig at the chief minister and other Trinamool Congress leaders` derogatory comments about opposition politicians.
"What kind of language is they using"? Please don`t rape the Bengali language by using such words. We are not used to such languages. Is there a need to make a new dictionary for the people in the government? We should not respond to such languages because it is against the culture of Congress," asserted Dasmunshi.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know