After Buddhadeb, Deepa Dasmunshi questions Mamata`s honesty
Kolkata: Questioning the honesty debate around Mamata Banerjee, Union minister and Congress leader Deepa Dasmunshi on Monday said that by merely writing "symbol of honesty" at the bottom of a person`s cutout does not make that person honest.
"There have been so many chief ministers in Bengal. But nobody has ever written `Symbol of honesty` below their pictures," Dasmunshi said referring to Banerjee`s several life-size cutouts that have come up in different parts of the city with the epithets.
"So a question arises if she is really a symbol of honesty, and is that why she is writing it? Where is the proof that what is written below the picture is true?" said Deepa Dasmunshi while addressing a programme here.
Dasmunshi`s comments were a reaction to the former West Bengal chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee questioning her successor Mamata Banerjee`s honesty by saying that he did not "agree with the perception that she is honest," prompting the TMC to slap a legal notice on Bhattacharjee.
"We are not going into a debate of honesty or dishonesty. What we are concerned about is the condition of Bengal. There is no clear land policy and industrial policy," said Dasmunshi .
Dasmunshi alleged that the government was only involved in festivals and functions by keeping at bay the more serious issue of development in the state.
Dasmunshi also took a dig at the chief minister and other Trinamool Congress leaders` derogatory comments about opposition politicians.
"What kind of language is they using"? Please don`t rape the Bengali language by using such words. We are not used to such languages. Is there a need to make a new dictionary for the people in the government? We should not respond to such languages because it is against the culture of Congress," asserted Dasmunshi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi