After Kamduni, Kharjuna people leave to meet President
Berhampore: A group of people from Kharjuna and Ranitala villages in Murshidabad district, where two women were murdered after allegedly being raped last month, on Sunday left for Delhi to meet President Pranab Mukherjee demanding speedy justice for the victims.
Their journey to the national capital in Rajdhani Express from Sealdah station came a day after people of Kamduni in North 24 Parganas district did the same with a demand to have a CBI probe into the gang-rape of a college girl from the village.
In both the cases, all arrangements have been done by Minister of state for Railways and Congress MP Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury.
In a case of rape and murder, the decomposed body of a teen-aged girl was found Ranitala village on June 15.
In the case of Kharjuna, the body of a married woman was found on June 23. The police arrested one person saying she was killed by her paramour and ruled out rape.
Some accused were arrested in both the cases. However, the people of the villages were not happy with the progress of the cases.
About their meet with the President, Murshidabad district Congress sources said that would be decided after they will reach New Delhi.
Kamduni villagers are scheduled to meet the President tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley