After Kamduni, Kharjuna people leave to meet President
Berhampore: A group of people from Kharjuna and Ranitala villages in Murshidabad district, where two women were murdered after allegedly being raped last month, on Sunday left for Delhi to meet President Pranab Mukherjee demanding speedy justice for the victims.
Their journey to the national capital in Rajdhani Express from Sealdah station came a day after people of Kamduni in North 24 Parganas district did the same with a demand to have a CBI probe into the gang-rape of a college girl from the village.
In both the cases, all arrangements have been done by Minister of state for Railways and Congress MP Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury.
In a case of rape and murder, the decomposed body of a teen-aged girl was found Ranitala village on June 15.
In the case of Kharjuna, the body of a married woman was found on June 23. The police arrested one person saying she was killed by her paramour and ruled out rape.
Some accused were arrested in both the cases. However, the people of the villages were not happy with the progress of the cases.
About their meet with the President, Murshidabad district Congress sources said that would be decided after they will reach New Delhi.
Kamduni villagers are scheduled to meet the President tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?