After Ramlila fiasco, Mamata to hold workshop with TMC workers
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Kolkata: After her party`s flop show at Delhi`s Ramlila Maidan, Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee has cancelled her plans to hold a rally at Ahmedabad and decided to concentrate on running poll campaign in five West Bengal districts starting Wednesday.
According to Trinamool Congress all-India general secretary Mukul Roy, the West Bengal Chief Minister will hold a meeting with party leaders and activists at Malda today.
Mamata will also visit Murshidabad and Nadia on March 20 and 21, respectively. Her first round of district tours will be over on March 22 when she will address party workers at Madhyamgram in North 24 Parganas.
According to the sources, top rung TMC leaders are upset over the Ramlila fiasco and are against holding any election rally outside West Bengal for the time being.
Instead of touring other states, Mamata has decide to tour five districts including Malda and Murshidabad from where the party has received reports about resentments among our workers over selection of party candidates for the coming Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Seers, religious orders need to work towards a modern India: PM Modi
- Has Dhanush replaced Vicky Kaushal in Bejoy Nambiar's next?
- Bhagwant Mann smells of alcohol, can't sit next to him: Suspended AAP MP Harinder Khalsa
- Simply irresistible! You cannot take your eyes off majestic Priyanka Chopra on Flaunt cover- See it to believe it
- Varun Dhawan, Jacqueline and John Abraham run for their lives in new 'Dishoom' POSTER? Pic inside