After Ramlila fiasco, Mamata to hold workshop with TMC workers
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Kolkata: After her party`s flop show at Delhi`s Ramlila Maidan, Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee has cancelled her plans to hold a rally at Ahmedabad and decided to concentrate on running poll campaign in five West Bengal districts starting Wednesday.
According to Trinamool Congress all-India general secretary Mukul Roy, the West Bengal Chief Minister will hold a meeting with party leaders and activists at Malda today.
Mamata will also visit Murshidabad and Nadia on March 20 and 21, respectively. Her first round of district tours will be over on March 22 when she will address party workers at Madhyamgram in North 24 Parganas.
According to the sources, top rung TMC leaders are upset over the Ramlila fiasco and are against holding any election rally outside West Bengal for the time being.
Instead of touring other states, Mamata has decide to tour five districts including Malda and Murshidabad from where the party has received reports about resentments among our workers over selection of party candidates for the coming Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?