After Ramlila fiasco, Mamata to hold workshop with TMC workers
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Kolkata: After her party`s flop show at Delhi`s Ramlila Maidan, Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee has cancelled her plans to hold a rally at Ahmedabad and decided to concentrate on running poll campaign in five West Bengal districts starting Wednesday.
According to Trinamool Congress all-India general secretary Mukul Roy, the West Bengal Chief Minister will hold a meeting with party leaders and activists at Malda today.
Mamata will also visit Murshidabad and Nadia on March 20 and 21, respectively. Her first round of district tours will be over on March 22 when she will address party workers at Madhyamgram in North 24 Parganas.
According to the sources, top rung TMC leaders are upset over the Ramlila fiasco and are against holding any election rally outside West Bengal for the time being.
Instead of touring other states, Mamata has decide to tour five districts including Malda and Murshidabad from where the party has received reports about resentments among our workers over selection of party candidates for the coming Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'