Ahluwalia , Bhutia file nominations for Darjeeling Lok Sabha seat
Darjeeling: BJP candidate for Darjeeling Lok Sabha seat, Surinder Singh Ahluwalia on Monday said he would strive to meet the age-old aspirations of the people in the Hills if he is elected in the Lok Sabha elections.
"I will try to meet the demand of the people in the Hills if I win the elections," Ahluwalia, who is being backed by Gorkha Janmukti Morcha, said, without naming Gorkhaland, the demand for which further strengthened in the Hills since the Cabinet decision on Telangana.
Ahluwalia filed his nominations at the Darjeeling district magistrate Puneet Yadav`s office on Monday, besides, Trinamool Congress` nominee Bhaichung Bhutia and Congress` Sujay Ghatak.
GJM president Bimal Gurung ,in a Facebook posted yesterday, urged people in the Hills not to vote for him or any GTA member but only for the cause of Gorkhaland.
"This year don`t vote for any of the GTA Sabhasads but cast your vote for Gorkhaland. This elections we will vote for the Future of `Gorkha Community`.I have shown my sincerity for `Gorkhaland` by supporting the BJP and now it`s your turn to show yours for it by voting for the BJP," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?