AI baggage handlers arrested for molesting girl
Kolkata: Two baggage handlers of Air India
were on Tuesday arrested for allegedly molesting a nine-year-old
girl passenger, who was visiting the city from Boston, at the
NSC Bose International Airport here.
Following a complaint from Binoya Roy, the girl`s
mother, Ahamed Reza, a loader, and his assistant Binoy Sanyasi
were arrested and produced before the Chief Judicial
Magistrate at the Barrackpore sub-division court.
They were granted bail against a surety of Rs 1,000
each. The next date of hearing has been fixed for March 16.
An AI spokesperson said both Reza and Sanyasi have
Roy complained that the duo had molested her daughter
after they handed over their baggage at around 1:30 AM while
waiting for their flight to Boston, airport police said.
The girl and her mother, who live in Boston, were on
a visit to Kolkata.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video