AI plane makes emergency landing due to snag
Kolkata: An Air India plane from Guwahati,
with 105 people on board, landed under emergency conditions at the NSCB International airport here Friday due to a technical snag.
Airport sources said while preparing for routine landing,
the pilot of AI 730 found there was a snag in the front wheel
and immediately alerted the air traffic control.
After landing with all emergency safety measures in
place, the aircraft remained static on the runway for eight
minutes as per procedure before being towed away to a nearby
spot, they said.
All the passengers and the crew safely disembarked around
12:55 pm, they said.
The same aircraft later left for Bangalore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Up to 700 migrants feared dead in Mediterranean this week: UN
- After 11 years Mars will come closest to Earth on May 30
- Indian Premier League 2016 Final: SunRisers Hyderabad vs Royal Challengers Bangalore — As it happened...
- Rahul Singh takes blessings from poor on his B-day
- Dino Morea, Ranbir Kapoor flaunt football skills! - See pics