AI plane makes emergency landing due to snag
Kolkata: An Air India plane from Guwahati,
with 105 people on board, landed under emergency conditions at the NSCB International airport here Friday due to a technical snag.
Airport sources said while preparing for routine landing,
the pilot of AI 730 found there was a snag in the front wheel
and immediately alerted the air traffic control.
After landing with all emergency safety measures in
place, the aircraft remained static on the runway for eight
minutes as per procedure before being towed away to a nearby
spot, they said.
All the passengers and the crew safely disembarked around
12:55 pm, they said.
The same aircraft later left for Bangalore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security