AICC to take decision on two rebel Cong MPs: WBPCC Chief
Bardwan: AICC will take decision on
the fate of two rebel Congress MPs who have been campaigning
against the Trinamool Congress-Congress alliance candidates in
West Bengal Assembly elections, WBPCC chief Manas Bhuniya said
"We have been watching the anti-alliance activities of
Adhir Chowdhury in Murshidabad district and Deepa Dasmunshi in
North Dinajpur district. AICC will take the decision on their
fate," Bhuniya told reporters at Daihata after attending a
While Chowdhury, party president of Murshidabad
district, has considerable influence in his home turf, Deepa,
wife of ailing Congress leader Priya Ranjan Dasmunshi, is
leading the dissidents in North Dinajpur districts.
The PCC has already suspended 12 rebel Congress leaders
who filed their nominations as Independents after not getting
party tickets in these two districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble