AIGL appeals PC to accept Gorkhaland demand
Darjeeling(WB): The All India Gorkha League (AIGL) on Sunday appealed to Union Home minister P Chidambaram to accept the demand for Gorkhaland.
AGIL leaders plan to go to New Delhi in the first week of January to meet the Union Home ministry officials to press for their demand of Gorkhaland, senior AIGL leader Laxman Pradhan.
Pradhan asked the Gorkha Janamukti Morcha (GJM) not to accept the Gorkha Council as proposed by the Centre and West Bengal government. The Gorkha National Liberation Front (GNLF) committed a blunder by accepting the Council and I would ask
the GJM not to commit the same mistake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price