AIGL appeals PC to accept Gorkhaland demand
Darjeeling(WB): The All India Gorkha League (AIGL) on Sunday appealed to Union Home minister P Chidambaram to accept the demand for Gorkhaland.
AGIL leaders plan to go to New Delhi in the first week of January to meet the Union Home ministry officials to press for their demand of Gorkhaland, senior AIGL leader Laxman Pradhan.
Pradhan asked the Gorkha Janamukti Morcha (GJM) not to accept the Gorkha Council as proposed by the Centre and West Bengal government. The Gorkha National Liberation Front (GNLF) committed a blunder by accepting the Council and I would ask
the GJM not to commit the same mistake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez