AIGL appeals PC to accept Gorkhaland demand
Darjeeling(WB): The All India Gorkha League (AIGL) on Sunday appealed to Union Home minister P Chidambaram to accept the demand for Gorkhaland.
AGIL leaders plan to go to New Delhi in the first week of January to meet the Union Home ministry officials to press for their demand of Gorkhaland, senior AIGL leader Laxman Pradhan.
Pradhan asked the Gorkha Janamukti Morcha (GJM) not to accept the Gorkha Council as proposed by the Centre and West Bengal government. The Gorkha National Liberation Front (GNLF) committed a blunder by accepting the Council and I would ask
the GJM not to commit the same mistake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj