AIGL appeals PC to accept Gorkhaland demand
Darjeeling(WB): The All India Gorkha League (AIGL) on Sunday appealed to Union Home minister P Chidambaram to accept the demand for Gorkhaland.
AGIL leaders plan to go to New Delhi in the first week of January to meet the Union Home ministry officials to press for their demand of Gorkhaland, senior AIGL leader Laxman Pradhan.
Pradhan asked the Gorkha Janamukti Morcha (GJM) not to accept the Gorkha Council as proposed by the Centre and West Bengal government. The Gorkha National Liberation Front (GNLF) committed a blunder by accepting the Council and I would ask
the GJM not to commit the same mistake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui