Air ambulance service for patients
Kolkata: A city-based hospital today started
an air ambulance service to airlift in emergency cases
patients living in places with poor medical infrastructure.
Medica Superspecialty Hospital has made available a
four-seater Cessna Skyhawk aircraft as part of its air
evacuation and consulting service available 24x7, hospital
chairman Aloke Ray said.
"At Rs 10,000 per flying hour, the service is targeted
at affluent families by promising them a state-of-the-art
medical care within hours of a phone call," Roy said.
The aircraft will rush the patient and one relative to
the Kolkata hospital during an emergency.
"If required, a doctor may be flown in to accompany the
patient. Our ambulance will receive them at the airport and
bring them to the hospital. If the patient cannot be
airlifted, then we will fly a specialist doctor to see the
patient at his location," he said.
The service will operate between Kolkata airport and
other operational airports in the districts of West Bengal and
the neighbouring states of Bihar, Jharkhand, Orissa,
Chhattisgarh, Uttar Pradesh, Assam, Tripura and Arunachal
"Cooch Behar, Jhargram, Midnapore, Bagdogra, Agartala,
Guwahati, Tezpur, Jorhat, Silchar, Lucknow, Kanpur, Patna,
Gaya, Darbhanga, Ranchi and Jamshedpur would also fall under
the air ambulance`s radar," a hospital official said.
Patients from these regions are often unable to avail of
services of a well-equipped medical facility in times of an
emergency, he claimed.
The superspecialty hospital, which is a unit of Medica
Synergie Pvt Ltd, provides integrated healthcare solutions in
neurology, cardiology, orthopaedic sciences, gastroenterology
and kidney diseases, with special thrust on emergency
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS