Air India flight makes precautionary landing
Kolkata: An Air India flight with 115 passengers on board made a precautionary landing at the NSC Bose International Airport here as the pilot suspected some technical snag in the aeroplane, the airport sources said on Monday.
The flight with 115 passengers and crew landed safely at the NSC Bose International Airport at 2.50 pm and all the passengers are safe, the sources said.
The Air India New Delhi-Bhubaneswar took off from New Delhi at around 1250 pm for Bhubaneswar. The weather condition at Bhubaneswar was bad and the pilot suspected some technical snag in the aeroplane. So the pilot decided to make a precautionary landing at Kolkata as it was better equipped than Bhubaneswar airport, sources said.
The pilot asked the ATC for permission for a precautionary landing and permission was granted, they said.
After the plane landed the passengers got down from the aeroplane and engineers are checking the plane for technical snag, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof