Air Marshal RK Jolly takes charge as new commander in east
Kolkata: Air Marshal Rajesh Kumar Jolly has taken over as the new Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief of the Eastern Air Command at Shillong, officials said here Thursday.
Air Marshal Jolly, formerly AOC-in-C of Southern Air Command, now has the distinction of heading two IAF operational commands consecutively.
He succeeds Air Mshl R K Sharma, who has since taken over as the Vice-Chief of Air Staff at Air Headquarters in New Delhi.
He was presented with a `Ceremonial Guard of Honour` by air warriors of HQ EAC on assuming command yesterday.
A gold medalist graduate from Delhi University and an alumnus of National Defence Academy and Defence Services Staff College, Jolly was commissioned in the fighter stream of the IAF on July 11, 1975.
He has flown various aircraft, which include Hunter, Marut and all MiG-21 variants and has over 3800 hrs of flying.
A qualified flying instructor, he has held many important field and staff appointments. He commanded a premier forward fighter airbase and was the Air Attach? at the Embassy of India in Washington DC from 2005 to 2008.
He has been the Senior Air Staff Officer, both at South Western Air Command and Southern Air Command.
He was awarded the Vayu Sena Medal in 1997 and Vishisht Seva Medal in 2003 for distinguished service. Air Marshal Jolly is also an honorary aide-de-camp to the President of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video