AJSU borrows Mamata`s slogan to garner women`s support
Ranchi: Borrowing words of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee`s poll slogan `Maa-Mati-Manush`, AJSU leader Sudesh Mahato today said his party was committed to `Maa and Mati`.
"We`ll have to fight for the cause of our Maa and Mati (Mother and Land) as AJSU`s priority is to extend equal rights to women and develop Jharkhand," the former deputy chief minister told the party`s `Women`s Panchyat` at the Morabadi Maidan here.
"It is shocking to watch our women migrating to other states to work as domestic servants. This should be stopped by empowering women through education and respectful vocation," the 39-year-old leader said.
As for the development of Jharkhand, he said, instead of organising seminars and symposiums one should empathise with the sufferings of the tribal people living in the forests.
AJSU, which virtually represented all the eight governments formed since Jharkhand`s creation on November 15, 2000, is preparing to contest all the 81 assembly seats and 14 Lok Sabha segments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Counting begins - Who will win BJP or Shiv Sena?
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: BJP's Rita Padole, Ravi Landge win from Amravati, Pimpri Chinchwad seats; Shiv Sena takes early lead in BMC polls