Alert labourer averts train mishap
Burdwan (WB): Hundreds of commuters had a
close shave on Thursday when an alert contract labourer found around
150 pandrol clips missing from railway tracks and alerted
motorman of a Katwa-bound local near Balgona station in
Railway sources said as railway contract labourer Manab
Pramanik spotted that the clips were missing, he immediately
brought it to the notice of gangman Manas Pramanik standing
With the 52301 UP Balgona-Katwa local fast approaching,
the duo started frantically waving a red flag and the diesel
loco motorman halted the three-bogie train, just few metres
from the loosened tracks.
The incident led to hour-long disruption in the narrow
gauge section, from 7:45 am to 8:50 am, under Howrah-Burdwan
division of Eastern Railway, in the peak morning hours, the
There are seven/eight stations in the narrow gauge
section between Balgona and Katwa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir