Alert labourer averts train mishap
Burdwan (WB): Hundreds of commuters had a
close shave on Thursday when an alert contract labourer found around
150 pandrol clips missing from railway tracks and alerted
motorman of a Katwa-bound local near Balgona station in
Railway sources said as railway contract labourer Manab
Pramanik spotted that the clips were missing, he immediately
brought it to the notice of gangman Manas Pramanik standing
With the 52301 UP Balgona-Katwa local fast approaching,
the duo started frantically waving a red flag and the diesel
loco motorman halted the three-bogie train, just few metres
from the loosened tracks.
The incident led to hour-long disruption in the narrow
gauge section, from 7:45 am to 8:50 am, under Howrah-Burdwan
division of Eastern Railway, in the peak morning hours, the
There are seven/eight stations in the narrow gauge
section between Balgona and Katwa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery