Amartya Sen receives special Rabindra Smriti Puraskar
Kolkata: Nobel laureate Amartya Sen was on Sunday
awarded special Rabindra Smriti Puraskar by a state-level
committee instituted by the West Bengal government on the
occasion of the 150th birth anniversary celebrations of
An award of Rs one lakh was introduced by the committee as
Rabindra Smriti Puraskar (Rabindra memorial award).
The award was handed over to Sen by eminent poet Nirendra
Nath Chakraborty in the presence of Minister of State for
Information and Cultural Affairs SN Bera at a function at
the Bangla Academy here.
Sen thanked the state government for the honour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’