Amartya Sen receives special Rabindra Smriti Puraskar
Kolkata: Nobel laureate Amartya Sen was on Sunday
awarded special Rabindra Smriti Puraskar by a state-level
committee instituted by the West Bengal government on the
occasion of the 150th birth anniversary celebrations of
An award of Rs one lakh was introduced by the committee as
Rabindra Smriti Puraskar (Rabindra memorial award).
The award was handed over to Sen by eminent poet Nirendra
Nath Chakraborty in the presence of Minister of State for
Information and Cultural Affairs SN Bera at a function at
the Bangla Academy here.
Sen thanked the state government for the honour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown