AMRI director gets anticipatory bail
Kolkata: The Calcutta High Court on Friday granted anticipatory bail to Preeti Surekha, a director of AMRI Hospital, where more than 90 patients died of suffocation in a fire mishap last year.
A division bench headed by Justice Ashim Roy granted the bail prayer of Surekha, who was one of the three directors who could not be arrested after the fire at AMRI Hospital.
All the directors of the hospital arrested in connection with the case have already been granted bail in the case.
More than 90 people, mostly patients, died in the fire on December 9 last year in the seven-storied, centrally- air conditioned annexe building of the hospital.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'