AMRI director gets anticipatory bail
Kolkata: The Calcutta High Court on Friday granted anticipatory bail to Preeti Surekha, a director of AMRI Hospital, where more than 90 patients died of suffocation in a fire mishap last year.
A division bench headed by Justice Ashim Roy granted the bail prayer of Surekha, who was one of the three directors who could not be arrested after the fire at AMRI Hospital.
All the directors of the hospital arrested in connection with the case have already been granted bail in the case.
More than 90 people, mostly patients, died in the fire on December 9 last year in the seven-storied, centrally- air conditioned annexe building of the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'