AMRI director`s bail prayer rejected
Kolkata: A city court on Wednesday rejected the
bail prayer of RS Agarwal, one of the directors of AMRI
Hospital where a devastating fire claimed 93 lives, while
seeking a report on his health condition by Friday.
Agarwal is at present admitted to SSKM Hospital after he
pleaded that he was very unwell when he was produced before
the court on December 19.
The chief judicial magistrate of Alipore court SM
Shahnawaz directed the SSKM Hospital authorities, which
submitted an interim report on Agarwal`s health, to make all
necessary tests and submit a final report on December 23,
when the prosecution`s prayer for his police custody for
interrogation would be heard.
The court rejected Agarwal`s bail prayer claiming ill
health and said that all such issues would be taken up only
after going through the findings of the hospital.
Agarwal, who was undergoing treatment at a private
hospital, was produced before the court on Monday after a team
of government doctors had declared him fit on Sunday.
But when he was produced, he pleaded severe illness,
after which the CJM sent him to state-run SSKM Hospital and
directed the hospital authorities to file a report on his
Six directors of AMRI are already in police custody and
they would also be produced before the court on Friday.
RS Goenka, SK Todi, Prashant Goenka, Manish Goenka,
Ravi Todi and Dayanand Agarwal were arrested after the
devastating blaze at the multi-speciality hospital on December
nine claiming the lives of 90 patients and three staff.
All the accused have been charged with culpable
homicide not amounting to murder and negligence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!