AMRI fire: Toll rises to 93 with 2 more deaths
Kolkata: A West Bengal police constable and a
female patient, rescued from the fire-ravaged AMRI Hospital in
Dhakuria, died today taking the toll in Friday`s inferno to
Constable Babulal Bhattacharya died at the AMRI Salt Lake
Hospital where he was shifted from Dhakuria after the fire.
Bhattacharya, a resident of Sonarpur in South 24-Parganas
district, was admitted to AMRI, Dhakuria with heart problems.
The other casualty was that of a female patient, who died
at a city nursing home after she was evacuated from the AMRI
Medical director of the Belle Vue Clinic P K Tondon said
82-year-old Neela Dasgupta died of natural causes. "She had
myocardial infarction. It was a case of cardiac arrest,"
Her daughter, Jaya Dasgupta, is the state Development and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Must watch VIDEO: When James Vince, Joe Root teamed-up to take possibly the best slip catch in Test cricket history
- Arun Jaitley seeks Japanese investments; meets SoftBank CEO
- German nationalist slammed over racist comment on Jerome Boateng
- 3D model demonstrates how sea waves transport materials within aquatic ecosystems
- Two legends, one pic! Amitabh Bachchan shares memorable moment with father Harivansh Rai Bachchan