AMRI fire: Toll rises to 93 with 2 more deaths
Kolkata: A West Bengal police constable and a
female patient, rescued from the fire-ravaged AMRI Hospital in
Dhakuria, died today taking the toll in Friday`s inferno to
Constable Babulal Bhattacharya died at the AMRI Salt Lake
Hospital where he was shifted from Dhakuria after the fire.
Bhattacharya, a resident of Sonarpur in South 24-Parganas
district, was admitted to AMRI, Dhakuria with heart problems.
The other casualty was that of a female patient, who died
at a city nursing home after she was evacuated from the AMRI
Medical director of the Belle Vue Clinic P K Tondon said
82-year-old Neela Dasgupta died of natural causes. "She had
myocardial infarction. It was a case of cardiac arrest,"
Her daughter, Jaya Dasgupta, is the state Development and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials