AMRI hospital fire: Two more arrests
Kolkata: Two management staff of the AMRI
hospital where 90 persons, mostly patients, choked to death
from a fire in the basement on December nine, were arrested
AMRI, vice-president, administration, Pritha Banerjee
and a staff member Sajid Hussain who were in charge of the
hospital on the night of the fire, were arrested, police
This took the total number of arrests to eleven.
The two were remanded to police custody till January
30 by a court here.
They were charged under sections 304 (culpable
homicide, not amounting to murder), 308 (attempt to commit
culpable homicide), 285 (negligent conduct with respect to
fire or combustible matter) and 34 (common intention) of IPC
as also under West Bengal fire services Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender