AMRI hospital fire: Two more arrests
Kolkata: Two management staff of the AMRI
hospital where 90 persons, mostly patients, choked to death
from a fire in the basement on December nine, were arrested
AMRI, vice-president, administration, Pritha Banerjee
and a staff member Sajid Hussain who were in charge of the
hospital on the night of the fire, were arrested, police
This took the total number of arrests to eleven.
The two were remanded to police custody till January
30 by a court here.
They were charged under sections 304 (culpable
homicide, not amounting to murder), 308 (attempt to commit
culpable homicide), 285 (negligent conduct with respect to
fire or combustible matter) and 34 (common intention) of IPC
as also under West Bengal fire services Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened