AMSS stops functioning for 2 hours at Kolkata airport
Kolkata: The instrument through which pilots submit the flight plan to Air Traffic Control (ATC) stopped functioning for two hours at NSC Bose International Airport here on Saturday.
The flight operations were not affected as the pilots submitted the flight plans manually during this time when Automatic Message Switching System (AMSS) malfunctioned, airport sources said.
ATC sources said "AMSS was not working properly for about two hours from 5.40 pm."
As AMSS was not working properly, officials at ATC tower and Air Force base at the airport were not getting flight plans from the airlines electronically, sources said.
Both the ATC and Air Force Base in airport get flight plan through AMSS, process it through flight data processing system (FDPS) and then the flights take off, sources said.
ATC tower clears flight plan only after getting its clearance from the airport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city