AMSS stops functioning for 2 hours at Kolkata airport
Kolkata: The instrument through which pilots submit the flight plan to Air Traffic Control (ATC) stopped functioning for two hours at NSC Bose International Airport here on Saturday.
The flight operations were not affected as the pilots submitted the flight plans manually during this time when Automatic Message Switching System (AMSS) malfunctioned, airport sources said.
ATC sources said "AMSS was not working properly for about two hours from 5.40 pm."
As AMSS was not working properly, officials at ATC tower and Air Force base at the airport were not getting flight plans from the airlines electronically, sources said.
Both the ATC and Air Force Base in airport get flight plan through AMSS, process it through flight data processing system (FDPS) and then the flights take off, sources said.
ATC tower clears flight plan only after getting its clearance from the airport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state