Andhra police arrest kingpin of fake note racket
Malda: Sleuths from West Bengal CID
team and Andhra Pradesh police has arrested a kingpin of a
fake note racket in Malda district, police said on Friday.
The 25-year-old Luftar Haque was arrested from a
village in Baishnabnagar area yesterday in a joint raid by the
CID and police.
The accused is believed to be a kingpin of a fake
currency racket, members of which was arrested in Andhra
Pradesh last week.
Police said Haque used to smuggle fake notes from
Bangladesh and circulate it to the rest of the country.
He was produced in a court here today, which gave
Andhra police transit remand.
In a separate case, the state police also arrested
another fake note supplier Manoj Mandal from Kalichowk area
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH