Andhra tourism to hold Durga Puja to draw Bengalis
Kolkata: The Andhra Pradesh Tourism Development Corp (APTDC) plans to organise Durga Puja to draw tourists from West Bengal, its officials said in Kolkata.
In a repeat of the Durga Puja festivities it held in 2012, the APTDC would hold the festival at five spots frequented by Bengali tourists: Vizag, Dindi, Vijaywada, Suryalanka and Arakku Valley.
An additional spot would be the capital city Hyderabad.
The idols would be taken to Andhra Pradesh from Kolkata`s famed potters` colony in north Kolkata, APTDC chairman and managing director Chandana Khan said on Friday.
The priests and the drummers (dhakis) would also go from West Bengal. "This will enable the tourists to offer prayers and soak in the festive spirit despite being away from home," she said.
Plush resorts are being set up for the tourists from Bengal with the Andhra government expecting a huge footfall from the state during Durga Puja.
The APTDC is also offering various discount packages for the tourists during the Durga Puja season. It is also providing 25 per cent discount to senior citizens on accommodation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part III
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part IV
- Vadra should be prosecuted for alleged suicide, if it was assisted, of his father: Subramanian Swamy
- Sachin Tendulkar's latest tweet proves that wherever he goes, India follows - See pic inside!
- Viral video: Kapil Sharma’s take on ‘Angrezipanti’ will make you respect your mother tongue even more
- Sharmila Tagore, Deepa Mehta among Oscar Academy's new members
- Manchester United target Neymar closing signing a new three-year deal at Barcelona