Another cartoon in WB, professor files complaint
Midnapore: Hardly had the controversy over a Mamata Banerjee cartoon settled, an associate professor of Midnapore Medical College Saturday night filed a fresh complaint against two persons accusing them of circulating a cartoon that denigrates the West Bengal Chief Minister.
Police said Dr Bikram Saha, associate professor of medicine, filed complaint at Kotwali police station against Proloy Mitra and Chinmay Roy in which he alleged that the duo had forwarded him a cartoon in which Banerjee`s head was missing with the comment "our CM has lost her head".
"These two are behind sending me such a malicious mail which denigrates the CM. I hereby register complaint against them," the professor said in his complaint.
The development comes days after Jadavpur University professor A Mahapatra was jailed on the charge of sending cartoon criticising Banerjee and her party colleague Mukul Roy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Hotness overload! Ranveer Singh, Fawad Khan bromance on reel?
- NIA officer Tanzil Ahmed murder case: Prime accused Muneer nabbed by UP STF
- 7th Pay Commission: Implementation soon! Cabinet to decide on final report tomorrow
- PM Narendra Modi pays tribute to Narasimha Rao on his 95th birth anniversary
- Wanted gangster Kumar Pillai, held in Singapore, extradited to Mumbai