Another farmer commits suicide in WB
Burdwan (WB): A farmer allegedly committed
suicide here by consuming poison due to crop loss and mounting
debts, official sources said on Sunday.
Amiya Saha (45) was found last night in his field after he
had consumed pesticide, the sources said.
He was rushed to Burdwan Medical College hospital in a
serious condition, where he succumbed, they said.
Saha`s family sources said that "he had taken loans at
high rate of interest for potato cultivation and was also
unable to sell his paddy harvest."
"He was depressed for the last few days as he failed to
sell his paddy harvest, and also his potato crop on eight
bigha land suffered damage," Saha`s wife Jharna said.
The police and civil administration said Saha`s family is
claiming that he committed suicide due to crop loss and
mounting debts, and are investigating the matter.
On December 20, another farmer Barun Pal (42) of Bhatar
had committed suicide by consuming pesticide in this district,
which is considered the rice bowl of West Bengal, after his
- Hot alert! Shruti Hassan looks incredibly sexy on the cover of GQ magazine – See pic
- Awwdorable! Salman Khan shares picture of mother Salma and baby Ahil
- Look what Ranveer Singh is doing for ‘Befikre’
- Premier League: Leicester City clinch historic title after Eden Hazard`s stunning late goal vs Tottenham Hotspur
- EPL: Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez and other key players who played major roles in Leicester City`s title success