Another local CPI(M) leader lynched by mob in WB
Bankura/Midnapore: In another case of
post poll violence in West Bengal, a local CPI(M) leader was
lynched and a party worker beaten up by villagers in Bankura
district on Sunday.
Alleging that he was responsible for atrocities on them,
residents of Saltore village dragged CPI(M) zonal committee
member Ajit Lohar out of his house and beat him to death at
around 4:00 pm, Bankura SP Pranab Kumar told reporters.
CPI(M) worker Samir Nag was also beaten up by the mob and
was rushed to a hospital, the SP added.
In neighbouring West Midnapore district, prohibitory
orders have been clamped in some areas after CPI-M Zonal
Committee member Jiten Nandi was lynched and three others
beaten up by locals at Maita village yesterday.
Prohibitory orders were imposed in the areas under
Goaltore and Garbeta police stations, District Magistrate
Surinder Gupta said.
Meanwhile, police said villagers in West Midnapore
district handed over to police 20 illegal firearms and 10
people, who they alleged had kept the weapons.
Yesterday villagers had handed over 20 firearms to police.
The villagers claimed they had seized the weapons from CPI(M)
Unofficial sources said villagers were carrying out an
`operation` to seize illegal arms from CPI(M) cadres at
Goaltore, Garbeta, Chandrakona, Keshpur and Daton areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days