Another local CPI(M) leader lynched by mob in WB
Bankura/Midnapore: In another case of
post poll violence in West Bengal, a local CPI(M) leader was
lynched and a party worker beaten up by villagers in Bankura
district on Sunday.
Alleging that he was responsible for atrocities on them,
residents of Saltore village dragged CPI(M) zonal committee
member Ajit Lohar out of his house and beat him to death at
around 4:00 pm, Bankura SP Pranab Kumar told reporters.
CPI(M) worker Samir Nag was also beaten up by the mob and
was rushed to a hospital, the SP added.
In neighbouring West Midnapore district, prohibitory
orders have been clamped in some areas after CPI-M Zonal
Committee member Jiten Nandi was lynched and three others
beaten up by locals at Maita village yesterday.
Prohibitory orders were imposed in the areas under
Goaltore and Garbeta police stations, District Magistrate
Surinder Gupta said.
Meanwhile, police said villagers in West Midnapore
district handed over to police 20 illegal firearms and 10
people, who they alleged had kept the weapons.
Yesterday villagers had handed over 20 firearms to police.
The villagers claimed they had seized the weapons from CPI(M)
Unofficial sources said villagers were carrying out an
`operation` to seize illegal arms from CPI(M) cadres at
Goaltore, Garbeta, Chandrakona, Keshpur and Daton areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?