Another Saradha group employee commits suicide
Balurghat: A Saradha group employee who allegedly misappropriated money from the company, was found hanging at his home on Wednesday in West Bengal`s South Dinajpur district, taking the toll in the chit fund scam to 15.
The employee, 21-year-old Subir Das, allegedly faced humiliation after his alleged misappropriation came to light and took his own life at his home in Balurghat town, police sources said.
Earlier on May 16, Asim Bera, managing director of chit fund company AMCO, died after consuming poison in the garage of his house at Chinsura in Hooghly district following threats by depositors.
There have been 12 other cases of suicide mostly by agents or depositors in other districts, including North and South 24 Parganas.
Earlier on May 6, 48-year-old director of Hello India chit fund company Jayanta Sarkar was stabbed to death at his residence in Chinsura in Hooghy district.
Meanwhile, Saradha group Director, Debjani Mukherjee was interrogated during the day by the police in South 24 Parganas.
She had been remanded to police custody for eight days yesterday by the sub-divisional judicial magistrate of Baruipur in connection with complaints of fraud.
After her remand yesterday, she was briefly admitted to the state-run SSKM Hospital at night following complaints of weakness and dizziness.
Last week she was admitted to a private hospital with a gastrointestinal tract infection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda