Another TMC leader threatens to attack rivals by bullets, bombs
Zee Media Bureau
Kolkata: Preposterous and outrageous statements by Trinamool Congress have become the norm, even as the West Bengal Chief Mamata Banerjee continues to look the other way.
The latest salvo has been fired by West Bengal Transport Minister Madan Mitra who had threatened to answer rivals by bullets, bombs and thrashing.
Provocative comments by the Trinamool leaders are nothing new. Earlier, Manirul Islam, TMC MLA from Labhpur in the district, while addressing a party rally had asked district Congress leader Sabyasachi Dutta to mend his ways, otherwise his head would be severed.
"Bapi (Sabyasachi) Dutta, listen very carefully. It won`t take a minute for me to behead you, if you don`t mend your ways. If you don`t mend your ways, it will be much easier for me to behead you," Islam told the rally at Sainthia, which was also telecast by some news channels.
On July 17, TMC Birbhum district president Anubrata Mondal had allegedly asked partymen to attack policemen with bombs and burn houses of Independent candidates while addressing a panchayat election rally at a village in Bolpur sub-division.
The next day, TMC MP from Krishnagar in Nadia district Tapas Pal, while addressing a rally at Tehatta, had asked party activists to "beat up CPI(M) workers with shoes".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love