Anti-Left forces killing its workers: Forward Bloc
New Delhi: The All India Forward Bloc, the second largest constituent in the ruling Left Front in West Bengal, Monday alleged that "anti-Left forces", including the Trinamool Congress, were using the Maoists to kill their activists.
Condemning the killing of three party activists by Maoists in West Bengal`s Purulia district Sunday night, Forward Bloc general secretary Debabrata Biswas said the people of West Bengal would "defeat the unholy nexus" between the Maoists and other anti-Left forces.
"This is not only the Trinamool Congress...all the anti-Left forces in the state use the armed Maoists to attack the Left leaders. Their aim is to terrorise the people. They want all the Left activists to be neutralised before the assembly polls. This is the old method," Biswas said over telephone from Kolkata.
Around 40-50 armed Maoists shot dead three Forward Bloc activists in Purulia district`s Pardi village late Sunday.
"We have lost seven workers in Maoist attack this year. Our workers are targeted as we are the second largest constituent in the Left Front," Biswas said, adding that the party would organise meetings across Purulia to protest the killings.
He said the people who were killed in the attack belong to tribal Majhi community.
Maoist posters claiming responsibility for the killings were found at the site, stating that all the Forward Bloc leaders were corrupt and were leading an anti-Maoist movement in the region.
Maoists are active in three western districts of the state - West Midnapore, Purulia and Bankura.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city