Anuradha Saha case: 17 doctors to face trial for criminal conspiracy
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In a landmark judgement the Calcutta High Court on Monday ordered that 17 doctors stand trial for their involvement in the death of Anuradha Saha due to medical negligence.
Anuradha Saha, a child psychologist, died in 1998 while undergoing treatment at a prominent hospital in Kolkata. She was 36.
The Calcutta HC also ordered ex-West Bengal medical council members to stand trial for criminal conspiracy.
Dr Sukumar Mukherjee, Chief Adviser in the West Bengal government, is also accused of negligence in this case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA