Anuradha Saha case: 17 doctors to face trial for criminal conspiracy
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In a landmark judgement the Calcutta High Court on Monday ordered that 17 doctors stand trial for their involvement in the death of Anuradha Saha due to medical negligence.
Anuradha Saha, a child psychologist, died in 1998 while undergoing treatment at a prominent hospital in Kolkata. She was 36.
The Calcutta HC also ordered ex-West Bengal medical council members to stand trial for criminal conspiracy.
Dr Sukumar Mukherjee, Chief Adviser in the West Bengal government, is also accused of negligence in this case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate