Anyone is welcome for discussions : CPI-M state se
Kolkata: CPI(M) state secretary Biman Bose Tuesday said anyone was welcome for discussions on any issue but clarified that the Left parties did not have the numbers to bring a no-confidence motion against UPA-II government in Parliament.
"If anyone wants to discuss with us, he or she is welcome," Bose told newspersons here reacting to Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee`s statement that she was ready to visit him to seek support for her party`s proposed no-confidence motion.
Anyone is welcome for discussions : CPI-M state sec
"We have no strength to table the no-confidence motion, we are aware of the reality," he said.
"Leave alone CPI(M), all the Left parties together do not have the strength to table a no-confidence motion.
"You have to be practical and understand the number game ... No-confidence motion cannot be brought by 19 MPs (Trinamool Congress strength in Lok Sabha). Number is a factor. There must be at least 50 MPs signing the notice," he said.
Earlier in the day, Banerjee said she was prepared to meet Bose at the CPI(M) state headquarters to discuss bringing a no-confidence motion against UPA II in Lok Sabha.
"If necessary, I am even prepared to go to CPI(M) state party headquarters at Alimuddin street here and talk to its secretary Biman Bose on the issue," the chief minister told newsmen at the state secretariat.
"My appeal to the CPI(M) is not to do anything to bail out this minority government which is steeped in corruption and which has taken many anti-people decisions," she said.
"If they have reservation about our party sponsoring the motion, let the CPI-M bring it, we will support, provided there is assurance that they will not withdraw it midway striking a deal with Congress. If the issue is same, there is no objection to support their motion," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- BCCI rejected Cricket Advisory Committee's proposal to appoint Ravi Shastri batting coach - Here's why
- 7th Pay Commission: Centre may disburse increased allowances prospectively
- Tusshar Kapoor’s baby Laksshya born via surrogacy clicked with grandpa Jeetendra – See Pic
- Asin Thottumkal's Italian sojourn with hubby Rahul Sharma is the perfect vacation plan we all want! See pics
- China bans Lady Gaga after Dalai Lama meeting?