Arms and ammunition seized in junglemahal
Midnapore: Arms and ammunition were
seized during a raid by the joint security forces in
junglemahal on Wednesday while three suspected Maoists were detained,
police sources said.
The joint forces raided the Borihati forest in
Jamboni police station area in West Midnapore district on a
tip off that that a Maoist squad leader was hiding there, the
One rifle, 16 rounds of ammunition and detonators were
seized in the raid, they said.
Three persons were detained for interrogation, they
One 9 mm pistol was also found from the Laboni jungle
in Belpahari police station area, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assam flood situation grim, close to 3 lakh remain affected
- Sam Allardyce gets England job at second time of asking
- Multiple deaths reported in Munich shopping centre shooting, police operation underway
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Nico Rosberg seals deal as Lewis Hamilton crashes out in Friday Practice
- Tour de France: Chris Froome extends lead despite crash as Romain Bardet wins stage