Arms and ammunition seized in West Bengal
Jhargram (WB): In a joint operation, the police and personnel of CRPF on Saturday seized arms and ammunitions kept by the Maoists in a forest in West Midnapore district.
The search operation was conducted in the forest areas in Binpur during which 2 landmines, 4 kg tiffin mines, 3 challenger mines and 15 bore rifle, one pistol and a few bullets, police said.
Members of the bomb disposal squad were called in who defused the mines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez