Arms and ammunition seized in West Bengal
Jhargram (WB): In a joint operation, the police and personnel of CRPF on Saturday seized arms and ammunitions kept by the Maoists in a forest in West Midnapore district.
The search operation was conducted in the forest areas in Binpur during which 2 landmines, 4 kg tiffin mines, 3 challenger mines and 15 bore rifle, one pistol and a few bullets, police said.
Members of the bomb disposal squad were called in who defused the mines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch