Arms and ammunition seized in West Bengal
Jhargram (WB): In a joint operation, the police and personnel of CRPF on Saturday seized arms and ammunitions kept by the Maoists in a forest in West Midnapore district.
The search operation was conducted in the forest areas in Binpur during which 2 landmines, 4 kg tiffin mines, 3 challenger mines and 15 bore rifle, one pistol and a few bullets, police said.
Members of the bomb disposal squad were called in who defused the mines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand