Arms and explosives recovered from Junglemahal
Jhargram (WB): Joint forces on Thursday recovered a huge cache of arms and explosive from Bagjhapa, about 12 km from here, police said.
Acting on a tip off, the forces raided the village, once a strong-hold of the Maoists, and dug out from a field 17 landmines, 12 detonators, 33 kg explosives, 9 socket bombs, two pistols and 30 live cartridges.
Police were investigating whether Maoists were planning any attack with the arms and explosives hidden under the earth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...