Arms and explosives recovered from Junglemahal
Jhargram (WB): Joint forces on Thursday recovered a huge cache of arms and explosive from Bagjhapa, about 12 km from here, police said.
Acting on a tip off, the forces raided the village, once a strong-hold of the Maoists, and dug out from a field 17 landmines, 12 detonators, 33 kg explosives, 9 socket bombs, two pistols and 30 live cartridges.
Police were investigating whether Maoists were planning any attack with the arms and explosives hidden under the earth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?