Arms and explosives recovered from Junglemahal
Jhargram (WB): Joint forces on Thursday recovered a huge cache of arms and explosive from Bagjhapa, about 12 km from here, police said.
Acting on a tip off, the forces raided the village, once a strong-hold of the Maoists, and dug out from a field 17 landmines, 12 detonators, 33 kg explosives, 9 socket bombs, two pistols and 30 live cartridges.
Police were investigating whether Maoists were planning any attack with the arms and explosives hidden under the earth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days