Arms and explosives recovered from Junglemahal
Jhargram (WB): Joint forces on Thursday recovered a huge cache of arms and explosive from Bagjhapa, about 12 km from here, police said.
Acting on a tip off, the forces raided the village, once a strong-hold of the Maoists, and dug out from a field 17 landmines, 12 detonators, 33 kg explosives, 9 socket bombs, two pistols and 30 live cartridges.
Police were investigating whether Maoists were planning any attack with the arms and explosives hidden under the earth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what