Arms and explosives recovered from Junglemahal
Jhargram (WB): Joint forces on Thursday recovered a huge cache of arms and explosive from Bagjhapa, about 12 km from here, police said.
Acting on a tip off, the forces raided the village, once a strong-hold of the Maoists, and dug out from a field 17 landmines, 12 detonators, 33 kg explosives, 9 socket bombs, two pistols and 30 live cartridges.
Police were investigating whether Maoists were planning any attack with the arms and explosives hidden under the earth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- India remembers Kargil War hero Captain Anuj Nayyar who died in 1999
- Who are you? Guide to top seeds` rivals at 2016 US Open
- Low oxygen level kills thousands of peanut bunker fish in Keansburg marina- Watch!
- Dilshan equalled services of Jayawardena, Sangakkara for Sri Lankan cricket: Mathews
- Egypt frees renowned rights lawyer Malek Adly